Norristown, PA – December 14, 2022 – Senator Amanda M. Cappelletti (D-17 Montgomery/Delaware) announced $7,813,982 in Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) grant funding for organizations that serve Montgomery and Delaware counties.
PCCD approved funding from Non-Profit Security Grant Program, Local Law Enforcement Support Grant Program, Gun Violence Investigation & Prosecution Grant Program, Women’s Reentry Services Initiative, State Children’s Advocacy Center Funds, and Federal Victims of Crime Act, State Rights and Services Act, and State Victims of Juvenile Offenders Funds.
“Safety and security are integral to the success of our communities,” said Senator Cappelletti. “I applaud PCCD for awarding funding to organizations in Montgomery and Delaware counties that aim to assist our vulnerable populations and equip our communities with the tools and resources needed to succeed.”
The Pennsylvanian Commission on Crime and Delinquency grant funding was awarded as follows:
Non-Profit Security Grant Fund for safety and security upgrades:
- Judith Creed Horizons for Achieving Independence, $75,000
- Brotherhood Temple Brith Achim, $24,814
- Congregation Beth Am Israel, $25,000
- Kaiserman Jewish Community Center, $40,000
- Kohelet Yeshiva, $108,419
Local Law Enforcement Support Grant Program:
- Radnor Township, $9,200 – For NIBRS-compliant record management system
- Norristown Municipality, $229,000 – For the purchase and installation of fixed surveillance cameras, video monitors, and recorders, and the installation and upkeep of connectivity needs and support
Gun Violence Investigation & Prosecution Grant Program:
- Delaware County Executive Director, $1,003,127 – For training detectives, purchase updated equipment, and cameras/license plate readers.
- Montgomery County Commissioners, $3,573,865 – For supporting the salary and benefits of a new prosecutor, two new detectives, a litigation assistant, a crime/intelligence analyst, and a BCI investigator, as well as funding the purchase of technology, such as cellphones and forensic microscopes.
Women’s Reentry Services Initiative:
- Family Services of Montgomery County, $99,916
- The Kintock Group, Inc., $100,000
State Children’s Advocacy Center Funds:
- Family Support Line of Delaware County, Inc., $47,000
- Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County, $47,000
Federal Victims of Crime Act, State Rights and Services Act, and State Victims of Juvenile Offenders Funds:
- Delaware County Executive Director – District Attorney, $93,514
- Delaware County Executive Director – Court & Probation Services, $322,202
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County, Inc., $208,620
- Delaware County Victim Assistance Center, $366,097
- Victim Services Center of Montgomery County, Inc., $303,664
- Montgomery County Commissioners – District Attorney, $718,339
- Womens Center of Montgomery County, $81,248
- Montgomery County Commissioners – Juvenile Probation Office, $262,957